St. John’s, Antigua – 9 March, 2018 — International Women’s Day is celebrated annually, around the world on March 8th. This a day where we join in to celebrate and encourage the accomplishments and hard work of Women and their contribution to society. It is a day when women are recognized for their achievements without regard to divisions, whether national, ethnic, linguistic, cultural, economic or political. In accordance with this, the theme this year for International Women’s Day is “Press for Progress”.
In collaboration with the Antigua and Barbuda Employers Federation and FLOW. Sandra Baptist, Founder of the Antigua Barbuda Association of Small Business Owners (ABASBO) and Women’s Entrepreneurship Day Ambassador for Antigua and Barbuda, gave the feature presentation at the International Women’s Day Cocktail Event. Ms. Baptist delivered the following message at this event:
International Women’s Day – #PRESSFORPROGRESS
- Participate fully. Life is too short to sit on the sidelines. YOU are the actor in your own movie.
- Re-examine what you want to do with your life. Life is too short
- Educate yourself continually. Learn something new every day. Business is changing too fast
- Selfishly love yourself. You cannot pour from an empty cup.
- Schedule thinking-time with yourself. Personal development. Your business will only grow to the extent that YOU do.
- Find and fulfill your life’s mission by translating that skill into your ideal business.
- Organize your life to grow your business. How you do one thing is how you do everything. The Universe likes order. Money likes order.
- Ready yourself for when opportunity arises. Too many of us miss opportunities because even though we ask for what we want, we don’t get ready.
- Prepare to get what you’ve asked for.
- Resort to Big-picture thinking. Add a Zero!!
- Over-deliver, over-respond to clients and customers.
- Go regional, go global, go international. Antigua and Barbuda is not your marketplace. The world is!
- Remove distractions. Set blocks time. Remove most cell phone notifications.
- Evaluate your goals every 3 months. Overall vision èannual plan è quarterly goals è monthly and weekly targets è daily tasks
- Set goals. Write down what you want. Use a journal. Use present tense. Goals must be clear.
- Scale your business. Unless yo want to work forever, focus on creating a scalable business